For homes with wood siding, decks, fences, or furniture, The Color Bloc invites you to check out our Benjamin Moore® Exterior Stains selection. Unlike our exterior paints, which create a protective layer, exterior stains soak into the wood, sealing pores from the inside out. Each of the stains we offer is formulated to provide UV protection and resist mildew. The stains help protect your wood structures from rot and increase their longevity and durability. You can also choose from thousands of colors, so you aren’t limited to natural wood tones.
Exterior Stain Benefits
There are many reasons to choose an exterior stain or deck stain from Benjamin Moore®. Here are some of the benefits of adding an exterior stain to your fence, siding, deck, and other outdoor wood surfaces. Exterior stains:
- Stop Rot Before It Starts: When left outside, especially in a moist environment, natural wood will rot. Rotting wood is good for a forest ecosystem but not so good for your front porch. Rotten wood in your home is a hazard that it is best to avoid. Covering your wooden surfaces with one of our exterior stains can stop rot before it starts. The deck stains seal wood surfaces to keep out mold, mildew, and termites.
- Protect Your Wood from The Elements: Exterior stains from The Color Bloc also help to seal out moisture and protect your wooden decks, fences, and siding from UV ray damage. This is especially important because moisture can cause rot, and if water gets into the wood and then freezes, it can cause splitting. Deck stain will help prevent splitting and keep your wooden surfaces from fading and cracking in the sun.
- Increase The Durability of Surfaces: Wooden siding and fences need to withstand the elements, and wooden porches and decks need to stand up to even more. Foot traffic adds a lot of wear and tear, and the best deck stains are designed to combat that. Benjamin Moore® deck stains are easy to apply and are formulated to not chip or flake from being walked on.
- Maintain Wood’s Natural Beauty: The warm, beautiful aesthetic of natural woods is why they are often chosen for siding, fences, decks, and porches. Although suitable for protection, exterior paints cover up the grain and natural colors of the material. On the other hand, a Benjamin Moore® exterior stain seeps into the wood, allowing the swirls and loops of the wood grain to shine through. Our selection includes a variety of natural and unnatural deck stain colors, so you can always match your style. We also carry clear deck stains to allow you to maintain the raw color of your wood surfaces.
- Are Easy to Apply: Benjamin Moore® paints are known for their easy application. Deck stains can be directly applied to untreated wood without using a primer. This can significantly reduce the time you spend painting the deck stain colors on fresh wood. For wood that has previously been treated, we also carry preparation products that help create the perfect surface for your new stain. Exterior stains are also designed for durability, so you only need to re-stain your wood surfaces once every few years.
Exterior Stain Products
At The Color Bloc, we carry a variety of exterior stain products. Because stain is most often used on wood surfaces, it is also essential to properly prepare the wood for staining.
ARBORCOAT Deck and Siding Stain
This stain is available in solid, semi-solid, semi-transparent, and translucent finishes to get the perfect mix of added deck stain colour and natural wood grain.
ARBORCOAT Classic Oil Finish
Oil finishes are the best deck stains if you want to enhance the wood’s natural color and provide superior moisture protection. This stain is available in semi-solid, semi-transparent, and translucent finishes.
Benjamin Moore® REMOVE
This fast-acting formula removes latex and oil stains to provide a fresh surface.
Benjamin Moore® RESTORE
This preparation product restores life to old, weathered wood.
Benjamin Moore® BRIGHTEN
The concentrated formula of BRIGHTEN removes tannin and rust stains and also counteracts any darkening caused by other treatments.
Benjamin Moore® CLEAN
You can use CLEAN to maintain the look of your wood by removing stains from mold and mildew.
The next time you’re searching for exterior stain and deck stain colours, make sure The Color Bloc Benjamin Moore® paint store is at the top of your list. Our trained experts are ready to help you with everything you need for your next exterior stain project. We can help you find the best deck stain, fence stain, and siding stain for every wood surface in your home. Contact us to set up an appointment or ask questions. The Color Bloc is a certified Benjamin Moore® paint store located in Detroit, Michigan. We are a woman-owned enterprise that proudly serves Detroit, Hamtramck, Highland Park, Dearborn, Oak Park, Ferndale, Hazel Park, and Grosse Pointe.