Sometimes you want something more than a new color on your walls, and that’s where Benjamin Moore specialty paints come in. At The Color Bloc, we carry various unique products, from dry erase paint to floor and patio enamel. If you want to create something special, reach out to the experts at The Color Bloc, and we will help you find the perfect Benjamin Moore specialty paint.
Notable® Dry Erase Paint
With this versatile dry erase paint, you can transform any surface in your home into a fully functioning dry erase board. Notable® is a professional-grade product with a four-hour pot life, much longer than the competition. This allows plenty of time for the application of multiple layers. This dry erase paint is sold as a kit with application instructions, paint components, and a roller cover to guarantee a smooth surface. It takes seven days to cure after application and provides a beautiful dry erase surface for years. Benjamin Moore Notable® Dry Erase Paint is available in a classic white finish or a clear coating that can turn any colored wall into a writeable surface.
INSL-X® Chalkboard Paint
This specialty paint is 100% acrylic and can turn any interior surface into a black chalkboard. INSL-X® Chalkboard Paint comes in a black eggshell finish that is easy to clean and has the signature Benjamin Moore easy application. Chalkboard paint is perfect for creating a calendar or shopping list in the kitchen, creating a notepad in your home office, or providing a space for creativity in a child’s bedroom. This paint is a topcoat that should be applied on previously painted surfaces and needs to cure for three days before use.
INSL-X® Specialty Coatings
In addition to chalkboard paint, the INSL-X® paint line features several other specialty paint coatings.
- INSL-X® Cabinet Coat: This urethane-acrylic paint adheres to hard-to-coat surfaces without a primer. It creates an ultra-smooth, factory-like finish on cabinets, shelving, doors, trim, and crown molding. You can choose between a satin and semi-gloss finish.
- INSL-X® Lead Block: This water-based coating creates a thick, elastic membrane over exiting lead-containing paints. The membrane forms a barrier that protects your home and family from the harmful effects of lead paint. This is a cost-effective alternative to lead paint remediation.
- INSL-X® Freezer Kote: This high-gloss specialty paint features a fast-dry alcohol-based formula for application in sub-freezing temperatures. It is available in white or safety yellow and eliminates the need to shut down cold storage while painting, as you can apply it in temperatures as low as -40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- INSL-X® Fire Retardant Paint: This latex specialty paint expands and forms a thick cellar char blanket when exposed to flame. The surface slows the spread of fire and minimizes smoke development. This coating is white with a flat finish and applies like conventional latex paint.
- INSL-X® Color-Changing Ceiling Paint: This specialty paint is light pink when applied. This allows you to see any missed spots while painting a ceiling or other hard-to-paint surfaces. The paint then dries white with a flat finish.
INSL-X® Decorative & Specialty Spray Paint
This spray paint provides a stunning, smooth finish, and each can feature a spray-at-any-angle application. They are rated for indoor and outdoor use and have a fast-drying formula that works on different surfaces like wood, plastic, and metal. Several different finishes are available, including gloss, satin, flat, lacquer, epoxy, fluorescent, high heat, and metallic. INSL-X® also has primer spray paint that helps prepare surfaces for application.
INSL-X® Rust Preventative Spray Paint
This specialty paint is specially formulated to beautify and protect metal surfaces. This spray paint is available in various colors and is rated for indoor and outdoor use. Choose between a flat, satin, or gloss finish. You can apply the spray paint directly to metal surfaces or use a spray paint primer to create a better surface.
Benjamin Moore® Floor & Patio
These durable specialty paint finishes are engineered for basements, patios, porches, and breezeways. The waterborne acrylic goes on smooth and is resistant to soaps, detergents, grease, and oil. It also resists marring and scratching to deliver a long-lasting finish.
Other Specialty Products
In addition to the above specialty paints, we carry some other specialty products. These include emulsifiers, solvents, thinners, and paint extenders.
The next time you search for a Benjamin Moore store near me, make sure The Color Bloc Benjamin Moore paint store is at the top of your list. Our trained experts are ready to help you with everything you need for your next paint project. We carry the entire selection of Benjamin Moore paints, including exterior paints, interior paints, stains, primers, and specialty paints. Contact us today to set up an appointment or ask questions. The Color Bloc is a certified Benjamin Moore paint store in Detroit, Michigan. We are a woman-owned enterprise that proudly serves Detroit, Hamtramck, Highland Park, Dearborn, Oak Park, Ferndale, Hazel Park, and Grosse Pointe./.,